ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Steviecool
Forum MemberPosts: 90
Like?
m43 or switch systems?
7 months ago

Hello Everyone!

This is my first post on the m43 forum. I have posted a bit on the Oly 4/3ds forum.

I'm sure this has been asked here more than once, so please forgive me if I am being redundant. My question for all you m43 shooters is, should I switch systems or go m43ds? What is your advice?

I mainly shoot landscapes and wildlife, mostly birds. My main body is an E30 and my lenses are the 14-52II mm, 18-180mm, 70-300mm and the Bigma 50-500mm lens. I often use the TC 1.4 on my long leses to get closer to wildlife. For the most part, I like the E30 and lenses, but Oly 4/3ds is a dead system.

I have been unsure which direction to go. Within the next year or two I would like to either go m43 or (reluctantly) switch systems to Nikon. I have three pro photographer friends who shoot Nikon and have offered to let me borrow their gear...

By going m43 I could still use my current lenses while I slowly replace them with m43 ones. I'm not thrilled about having to use an adapter though.

The thought of lightening my camera bag sounds so much more appealing, the older that I get. And completely switching sytems would be an expensive move.

Initially my thought was to switch systems as shooting wildlife, you really need long zooms, and as of right now Oly only makes the 75-300mm lens and from what I've read about it, its an ok lens, nothing special. And I assume a m43 body would be very slow focusing my Bigma?

Then I heard a rumor that Oly was possibly going introduce a 300mm f4 lens in 2015. Well that made me stop and think.

However I've only had the opportunity to handle one of the m43 bodies and despite having smallish hands, it felt small and awkward to me. Does one get used to it?

Your thoughts and advice are much appreciated. Thanks in advance,

s.

-- hide signature --

'Don't mistake lack of talent for genius'
-Type O Negative

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Olympus E-3 Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow