Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Travelino
Forum MemberPosts: 55
Like?
Will A77II effect 3rd party lens releases
5 months ago

I suspect that Sony doesn't share much of their future plans to competitive lens manufacturers like Sigma and Tamron.

There has been a lot of discussion regarding the forthcoming Tamron 150-600, but so far only the Canon mount has been released.  Another point is that as far as market share goes, Sony is 3rd when it comes to its A-mount versus Canon and Nikon, so one would figure that priority of releases for new lenses from these manufacturers would follow the market potential.

So, I wonder if these manufacturers also had concerns about Sony continuing its A-mount offerings and even though they had announced future lenses in A-mount, they may have had a wait and see approach as to when they would release those products (and maybe not at all if they didn't see a positive sign of continued A mount bodies).

I am hopeful that the new A77II might help a little in encouraging these manufacturers to make available the A mount version of their new lenses just a little bit sooner than they might have done otherwise.  Anyone else share this opinion or have a different view.

Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow