Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Penny123
Regular MemberPosts: 286
Like?
First shots with the D700
3 months ago

I had been back and forth over whether my next camera would be an upgraded DX or i'd move to full frame as my D90 had been having rather inconsistent and off focus at 2.8 with the 70-200 lens. I decide to bite the bullet and go for a used D700 and have been playing around with it, I am slowly getting there. I just need to get round the narrower dof for shots to get a similar look at equivalent focal length compared to DX.

I love the better iso performance on the D700 and how the focus is spot on compared to what I had been having.  I also like that my 70-200 2.8 is more usable now for landscapes and for dog portraits I don't need to be as far away.

I am missing the odd reach and also, I had gotten quite used to the type of portraits I could get on the cropped sensor at 200mm... most of the subject in focus with a lovely creamy background.  Perhaps to match my dx I could get a 300mm and shoot at f/4?  I also need to get a general walk around zoom as the only fx lens I have is the 70-200 2.8 I was thinking of maybe just the 24-85 vr for now.

Anyhow, here is some photos of my first outing to full frame nothing too exciting.

Nikon D700 Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow