ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
new7100
New MemberPosts: 13
Like?
First Camera Nikon D7100
5 months ago

hello

I have always been interested in photography. Its just interesting and I enjoy seeing nice pictures. I bought the Nikon D7100 for my very first camera. I have watched a lot of reviews on it and decided it was best for me. What I plan on doing with the camera is taking it hiking, fishing, hunting, and just have it for fun pretty much. So basically a lot of outdoor pictures and some indoor pictures. I do want to shoot some night pictures as well, but that won't be happening to often. I need figure out which lens I should get that will cover what I need to do. I've had several people tell me to go with the 70-200mm lens. I know I will eventually need multiple lens's to do what I want to do, but just for a first lens what should I go with? The 70-200mm? I know everyone says use your feet to get close but there's times i'm out hiking I want to take pictures of birds, deer etc..and you can't just simply walk up close to them.

What do you guys think? I have a budget of 500-600.00 for my first lens.

In a few months I would be open to buy another lens.

Any help would be appreciated it. Again, this is my first camera and I've had several people tell me I'm an idiot for buying the D7100 for a first camera. eh, that's their opinion tough. Hope no one here gives me crap for buying it

Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow