Re: Why Pentax?
In reply to ET2, 7 months ago

ET2 wrote:

SirSeth wrote:

Alex Sarbu wrote:

SirSeth wrote:

Alex Sarbu wrote:

RichRMA wrote:

Put out a mirror-less based on the K3, which IMO, is the finest APS-C DSLR there is. Just make the body thinner, so we aren't stuck in the Pentax lens straight-jacket. I've got over 100 lenses I can use with mirror-less bodies and would love Pentax's version of something like this. Build an electronic adapter to use the current lenses in AF mode, it's easy, you just need contacts.

Well, you like mirrorless cameras so I'm not surprised. But... why? There are many MILC makers, Olympus, Panasonic, Sony, Samsung, Fuji, Leica, JK Kodak, Canon - that are making APS-C or m4/3 cameras, can't you find something to your liking?

Yet there are only 3 DSLR manufacturers left

Canon, Nikon, Pentax, Sony, Olympus, Leica, and Hasselblad make DSLRs.

I stand corrected: there are only 3 small format DSLR manufacturers left: Pentax, Canon and Nikon.

Sony's SLTs are not DSLRs (since they're using an electronic viewfinder), Olympus gave up on DSLRs (no 4/3 product since 2010), Leica and Hasselblad have DSLR product in their line-up but those are medium format.

Sony announces SLT-A77 II high-end APS-C A-mount fixed-mirror DSLR

Well, that's the title anyway, and it's certainly not a mirrorless camera. But there is no reflex either. It is single lens electronic?

There is reflex. The mirror reflects some of the light to AF sensor.

Not everything with a mirror is a SLR. The "single lens reflex" designation refers to the optical viewing method, so I would not extend it to also refer to a completely, non-optical viewfinder system.

Sony's SLT mirror doesn't even have anything to do with the viewfinder, which makes their classification as "DSLRs" even more inappropriate.

Note that I'm not discussing SLT's merits or disadvantages, just their classification as "DSLRs".

Alex

Alex Sarbu's gear list:Alex Sarbu's gear list
Pentax K20D Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA* 60-250mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow