ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
desmo101
Contributing MemberPosts: 738Gear list
Like?
Some new Photos with V3
5 months ago

Hey guys,

I was away last week to Cuba on vacation where I was able to put the V3 to the test. I really like it, as I posted before I got the body only option, and I must say, besides some shots at the beach where the sun was too violent, I did not miss the viewfinder too much. I really like the touchscreen to select your AF-C focus points. Although these are Camera JPEGs I only slightly modified in aperture (no raw support yet) the files look more workable than the V1's, I can't wait to work on the raw's. The resolution and detail are way better than the V1 files (I never had a V2 so I can't compare to that). The camera size is really cool, at first it felt less solid than the V1 and I might still feel that way to an extent (the V1 had really a cool form factor for me) but I have to admit it's perfect for travelling and I can't wait to try the new 70-300.

The downsides are still pretty much the same as for V1, certain things are just a pain in the ass to configure and change on the fly although with the touch screen ISO selection for example is a breeze. I wish you could use the electronic shutter in single frame mode and I also wish you could use 20fps in timer mode. That could be changed via firmware so I'm keeping my fingers crossed even though in my experience Nikon rarely adds features in firmware.

so that's it for now, overall I really like the camera. It's not perfect, but it's a great tool and I believe it works better overall than the V1 did. here are a few shots from my week in Cuba. All shots taken with either 10mm 2.8 or 32mm 1.2 last shot with 60mm micro af-d JPEG only for now, slightly sharpened in Aperture 3.

cheers

desmo101's gear list:desmo101's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Nikon 1 V3 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D +7 more
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon 1 V3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow