Mid Cost, Good Quality Time-Lapse Camera: Suggestions?

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ChicagoOutfit
New MemberPosts: 21
Like?
Mid Cost, Good Quality Time-Lapse Camera: Suggestions?
7 months ago

Hello!

I currently own a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 II and use it for everything, as it's my only camera. The one thing that's not simple to do, as far as I can tell, is to create time-lapse sequences with it. (If only it had on-board software similar to my iPhone's apps, such as: iLapse, TimeLapse, Lapse It Pro, and Frameographer.) I've watched videos demonstrating that time-lapse sequencing can be done with the RX100 II... but it's quite complex.

Can someone suggest a mid cost ($250-$450), good quality (I can't expect it to be as great of quality as my RX100 II) camera that would make the time-lapse sequence capturing process easier? Are there cameras which have on-board software that assist in capturing stills at user-defined intervals?

I have no issues doing post-production work, as I'm fully versed in Aperture and Photoshop. What I need help with, is the selection of a camera that has features/functions that make the photo taking process manageable (I'm not expecting simple).

Thanks so much in advance for your thoughts and time!

CO

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony RX100 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow