Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
LaMesa
Senior MemberPosts: 2,266Gear list
Like?
Dear Olympus design engineers,
5 months ago

I just sold my E-PL1 and acquired an E-M10. Of course I am happy and satisfied with this exchange, except for one little detail:

I wish I still had the old battery charger.

The old charger did something normal and reasonable, when the battery was fully charged: The LED color changed. The new charger turns the LED completely off. Do you agree with me, that a dead LED is not a meaningful means to signal a full battery inside a connected, active charger? Aside from bleakly signalling a full battery, the dark LED might also signal:

defective charger,

defective cable,

disconnected power plug,

defective fuse,

defective grid,

defective power plant.

I am a design engineer of electronics, and my desk is loaded with different devices and meters. More than once it happened to me that I had the active chager with a full battery connected for days without taking notice.

Therefore I am asking you to kindly give me back my old charger in exchange for the new design.

Sincerely, Herbert

-- hide signature --
 LaMesa's gear list:LaMesa's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS5 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +1 more
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus PEN E-PL1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow