Weird, I don't miss my E-30 . . .

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Glen Barrington
Forum ProPosts: 12,947
Like?
Re: Weird, I don't miss my E-30 . . .
In reply to Lumixdude, 4 months ago

Lumixdude wrote:

The E-30 is a very old DSLR, any/all Micro Four Thirds cameras from the current generation of 16 megapixel sensors should be able to substantially out perform it. Your lenses will work particularly well with cameras such as the GX7 or E-M1 with hybrid PDAF.

Have you ever used an E-30? I don't think you'd say that if you ever have.

In the hands of a halfway decent photographer, the IQ is superb, and the ergonomics (for a DSLR) was very good. In terms of image quality, it holds its own against the E-M10. And other than the obvious differences between 12 mp compared to 16 mp, if you compare the quality of the kit lenses, the E30 wins THAT! The telecentric nature of the Zuiko DSLR lenses, by their very nature of design is going to offer up a higher IQ, though at the cost of size.

The size constraint is both m4/3s strength and weakness, IMO, which is why m4/3s will always be something people argue over. m4/3s will never be the universal default choice in cameras the way Canon has been. People need to think about what they want and need before they buy into m4/3s.

The point of my post was that as a DSLR holdout, I've not LOST anything by going to the mirrorless format. and my DSLR lenses work very well with my E-M10 BTW! That's a good thing!

Edit: AS far as high ISO noise goes, both still kind of suck.  Granted my E-M10 sucks a little bit less, but it isn't anything to brag about either.  That really doesn't concern me since I rarely shoot at high ISO anyway!

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow