Sold my V3 (but there's more to it)

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Kevin Omura
Senior MemberPosts: 1,646Gear list
Like?
Re: Sold my V3 (but there's more to it)
In reply to Raist3d, 6 months ago

Raist, problem then is that your opening post is confusing since you referenced said systems so since this is the internet vs a couple of guys sitting in the pub talking about gear over a cold one. We take things a face value hence the comments made, I guess there is no avoiding the hard core fans however as I said as this thread continues to evolve st least we are starting to get a better idea of what you are trying to say.

Personally, I bought into the Nikon 1 'system' on the V1 fire sale and at the time I kept in the back of my mind that I could be buying into a dead end system so I looked at what was available, how the camera worked and what accessories I would want. The only missing link at the time was a longer zoom which got solved with the addition of this new long zoom. Then the V2 got blown out along with the 30-110 so I put together two two lens kits. Then Henrys blew out the 10-100 so I grabbed one of these so other than a fast prime and that long zoom in my kit I am all set. Even if Nikon killed this system today I would have no regrets and you can bet I would pick up an AW and V3 if they got blown out as well.

but yes at full pop retail I would find it hard to justify a V3 right now and if it never got blown out it would not be the end of the world because I quite enjoy shooting with the V2.

Kevin Omura's gear list:Kevin Omura's gear list
Canon EOS D60 Canon PowerShot S100 (2000) Canon PowerShot S5 IS Canon PowerShot G2 Canon PowerShot G6 +46 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow