Sold my V3 (but there's more to it)

Started May 2, 2014 | Discussions thread
Kevin Omura
Senior MemberPosts: 1,656Gear list
Like?
Re: Sold my V3 (but there's more to it)
In reply to Raist3d, May 4, 2014

Raist, problem then is that your opening post is confusing since you referenced said systems so since this is the internet vs a couple of guys sitting in the pub talking about gear over a cold one. We take things a face value hence the comments made, I guess there is no avoiding the hard core fans however as I said as this thread continues to evolve st least we are starting to get a better idea of what you are trying to say.

Personally, I bought into the Nikon 1 'system' on the V1 fire sale and at the time I kept in the back of my mind that I could be buying into a dead end system so I looked at what was available, how the camera worked and what accessories I would want. The only missing link at the time was a longer zoom which got solved with the addition of this new long zoom. Then the V2 got blown out along with the 30-110 so I put together two two lens kits. Then Henrys blew out the 10-100 so I grabbed one of these so other than a fast prime and that long zoom in my kit I am all set. Even if Nikon killed this system today I would have no regrets and you can bet I would pick up an AW and V3 if they got blown out as well.

but yes at full pop retail I would find it hard to justify a V3 right now and if it never got blown out it would not be the end of the world because I quite enjoy shooting with the V2.

Kevin Omura's gear list:Kevin Omura's gear list
Canon EOS D60 Canon PowerShot S100 (2000) Canon PowerShot S5 IS Canon PowerShot G2 Canon PowerShot G6 +47 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow