Serious thinking of the Pentax 645 or shall wait? Locked

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Joe Mayer
Regular MemberPosts: 115Gear list
Re: Serious thinking of the Pentax 645 or shall wait?
In reply to nvlass, 6 months ago

A bigger sensor is always better if you can make use of the higher DR and resolution.  It sounds like you could.  If you have the finances, I see little reason why not.  If I or anyone else could tell you what camera Canon was going to offer and when, I or they would be one of the most popular people on the planet.  There are websites devoted to what gear and when (Canon rumors of course comes to mind) and most times it's speculation.  How long has the talk of the 7DII gone on?  I suppose it would be irritating to sell off all the gear only to have a Canon MF come out in a year.  I suppose it would be irritating to wait for Canon and see them come out with an MF four years from now.  It's always a risk and a financial investment into what path you think is right.  So it comes down to what important shots you're taking now and in the immediate future where the Pentax will make a difference (along with finances) as opposed to playing the waiting game which could go on and on.  I don't know if I helped but I hope you could get the gist of me actually leaning toward the Pentax.  Good luck in your choice.

Joe Mayer's gear list:Joe Mayer's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM +1 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NiceNew
TrueNew
trueNew
easyNew
SeeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow