Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
John De Bord Photography
Senior MemberPosts: 1,194
Like?
Upgraded to a A77--have a question
2 months ago

I just upgraded from my A550 to an A77. Even after using a friends A65 for 6 months last year, this camera is a huge step upwards. I bought Gary Friedman's book and have been reading it (there's a lot to learn!) One of the things that I noticed right away is that in the A550 there is what is called "sunset" under the creative style menu & is also an option on the A65 as well. The A77 though is missing this as best as I can tell. Sadly, this is a setting in which I use in a LOT of my work (I then adjust it in processing). I am guessing here that I am going to have to set yup a custom setting through white balance & color/temperature in order to achieve the same effect? Would anybody know what the best settings would be for this that are very similar to the A65 and previous models? I have played with it but I am banging my head against the desk lol

There is a sunset setting under the scene menu but that is not what I am wanting as it is basically a full auto setting with no control. Not the same.

Thanks all!

John

-- hide signature --
Sony SLT-A55 Sony SLT-A65 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow