Steve Huff v3 first impression/review

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
dougjgreen1
Senior MemberPosts: 2,200Gear list
Like?
Re: Ok, I'll play, em10 and em1Re: Perhaps a bit more reading and research would help, for us all
In reply to Bill Dewey, 7 months ago

Bill Dewey wrote:

em10 - $700
em1 - $1300
v3 with grip and evf - $1050
gx7 - $1000

So, we have the v3 right in the middle of the Olympus models, and a "pick-em" with the GX7. Pick the factors you think are more important. Better AF for tracking? Sensor size? Built-in stabilization? Nikon vs Olympus?

Thanks for giving me those models to choose from

Those are all matters of choice. One thing appears rather obvious to me, if the V3 is so darned over priced, then I guess looking at price only, the others must be as well, other than the em10.

For me the utility of the V3, and the Nikon 1 system, suits my personal needs for the AF tracking and ability to fully utilize my Nikon lenses that I already have "sunk costs". If I did not have those needs, the other brands would of far more interest to me, and I might even go so far as to say that if this was going to be my primary camera, rather than my 2nd or 3rd body, the others would be of more interest as well.

Point being, if you are going to complain about the V3 price, then at least be fair and make the same complaint about the others. As I, and others, have noted the bundle simply does not make a ton of sense. But would Steve Huff not be complaining about "too expensive" if the bundle was not in place? Hard to tell, I can't read his mind.

-- hide signature --

Bill Dewey
www.thefocusedeye.com

The GX7 is widely available for around $700.  It basically has tracked the E-M10's price, and the E-M1 is now widely available for around $1150, and it is a vastly more capable camera overall than the V3.

dougjgreen1's gear list:dougjgreen1's gear list
Olympus Stylus XZ-10 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Nikon 1 V2 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5 +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow