Here my Tuscany photos

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
SRS_Photography
Regular MemberPosts: 209Gear list
Like?
Re: Between Pienza and Val d'Orcia
In reply to dick, 6 months ago

In case you would like to go to this place, this place is located between Pienza and Val d'Orcia.

Actually, it is closer to Val d'Orcia. If you drive from Val d'Orcia to Pienza, it is about 1 mile or 2 miles on the right side. You need to come around 6 am, otherwise, you will not see the mist. It is hard to miss this place, because there will cars parking around this area.

Also, do not just photograph from the same spot, there are several other spots where you can see this farm house.

Originally, I photographed with 24-70mm then I changed to 70-200. For me, 70-200 is too long, you won't get the misty looking picture. I also brought 14-24, and I never used that lens. It is just too wide. For Tuscany type of photography, I think 24-70 and 70-200 are enough. You need 70-200 for that chapel photo, because the chapel is located far away from the main street.

I hope this helps for those who are interested in going to take similar photos. By the way, the food in Pienza is amazing.

Ron

SRS_Photography's gear list:SRS_Photography's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow