Building an A6000 kit around native Zeiss glass? Anyone else do it?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JYPfoto
Regular MemberPosts: 297Gear list
Like?
Building an A6000 kit around native Zeiss glass? Anyone else do it?
2 months ago

As I posted in another thread, looking to get an A6000 with the 16-70. I fondly remember my NEX6, maybe because that's the camera that I had when my daughter was born or maybe I just remember the comfort os shooting one handed in those days (which would come in handy now that I'm always carrying my daughter in my left arm and trying to one hand shoot with a large GH4 is more difficult). I also have a GH4 that I'm enjoying right now but not 100% sure it's a keeper. I'll save those reasons for another time. Anyway I was looking at possibly getting the Nocticron @ $1,600 but decided to look at used prices for the Zeiss E-Mount glass. In the past there were complaints that the E-mount family had subpar glass but looks like now there are some decent options.  Looks like the Touit 32 can be had in the mid $500's and the 12 in the low to mid 700's. Combine that with a FE 55 that can be used on a FF body (I'm looking at the A7 or the A7R later on when prices come down some more) and I can see a pretty decent kit start to develop. It would have some holes (mainly telephoto), but my style of shooting doesn't rely on telephoto glass (no BIF, no long action, etc). And there's always the old trusty Zeiss 24.

Anyone else shooting a combination of

-A6000

-Touit 12

-Zeiss 24

-Touit 32

-Zeiss 55

-Zeiss 16-70

Thanks in advance.

JYPfoto's gear list:JYPfoto's gear list
Ricoh GR Sony Alpha 7 Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 IF ED MC Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 +1 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Sony a6000 Sony Alpha 7 Sony Alpha 7R Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow