Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Birddogman
Senior MemberPosts: 1,157Gear list
Like?
Water world - running the mountain brook with the XT1
7 months ago

I have a little brook on my place and when Chase and I don't have time to go somewhere else, we just go out the front door and run the brook.

It is finally spring on the mountain.   I love the juxtaposition of the delicate early wild cherry blossoms against the harsh, massive granite building blocks of the mountain.

This is one of our favorite falls on the brook, still really roaring due to the snow melt and spring rains.  It's way down in a rocky ravine - a great place to contemplate.  I've photographed this spot at least a zillion times, but I keep trying to get the perfect image - not yet achieved.  Chase likes this spot, too.

The gentle ferns that will soon carpet the forest floor are now pushing their way up through the fall and winter debris with their hard little curled heads.  In the deep woods, everything must fight to exist.

Here another mini-falls is gradually cutting deeply into the hard rock of the mountain:

More fast water thundering down the mountainside:

When we finally got up to the pretty little high mountain lake, it was time to turn around and go back home to assume my nursemaid duties once again - but it had been a great off-season run!

Thanks for looking - we hope you enjoyed coming along.

Greg and Chase

Birddogman's gear list:Birddogman's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS +1 more
Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow