Sal18
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,047Gear list
Like?
Re: I hear you
In reply to geraldPP, 4 months ago

geraldPP wrote:

Sal18 wrote:

Sal

I like the gravity of this picture...serious thoughts and the visual weight of the blacks, her bags and posture.

The scene through the window looks tempting and I was thinking if there might be a good picture of more of the window view with just the heads and shoulders of your characters. That means shifting the view right up.

I know that would be quite a different story but it might turn out well too. I'm reminded of the terrific picture you did some time ago with the figures in a train(?) looking out at an apocalyptic-like scene.

-gerald

Thank you, Gerald. I'm flattered that you remember that pic from the ferry. In this case, it was very bright outside and very dark inside, with a lot going on outside. I was thinking that their silhouettes wouldn't make sense since they are not looking outside, and the picture would become about the RR tracks and city skyline in the bg, and not their conversation. Another complication being the bars in the window - inevitably crossing their heads.

However, your ideas are a good reminder to me to always look for more than the pic I'm shooting. And I didn't do that in this case.

Sal

Sal18's gear list:Sal18's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
pinkNew
HiNew
DaliNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow