Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Alex Sarbu
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,480Gear list
Like?
Re: Why Pentax?
In reply to Roland Karlsson, 4 months ago

Roland Karlsson wrote:

Alex Sarbu wrote:

If the adapter is good enough - that is exactly what they do + selling mirror less lenses.

That's an assumption built on the premise that K-mount users are generally unhappy with the K-mount cameras and they're looking for something else. I really don't think that's true...

Not really. I like DSLR cameras. But - I am currently looking for a good and compacter camera with a big sensor. It looks like the best choices are mirrorless cameras (for some strange reason). And then it would be nice if that camera is compatible with my lenses.

And here's the catch - it would be nice, but it would also compete (internally) with the other systems - with the K-mount. We're talking about at least a camera (for starting), several lenses (others to follow as fast as possible) and that theoretical adapter; they could give you that, but only by making other K-mount users unhappy.

We are perceiving them as moving at snail pace, yet we're asking to add a brand new system to their line-up? It's better if they won't stretch their resources too thin.

Alex

Alex Sarbu's gear list:Alex Sarbu's gear list
Pentax K20D Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA* 60-250mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow