What are some good photo critique sites?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
phaedin
Senior MemberPosts: 1,091Gear list
Like?
What are some good photo critique sites?
3 months ago

I am looking for some suggestions for good photo critique sites.

I think I have reached a point where I need some external advice to help me improve and maybe point out things I cant see yet. I have had mixed results posting photos here, sometimes I get very good feedback, more often I get very little response.

I have joined a photo club, which has monthly photo judging and they do provide some critique.

I think I have a reasonable understanding of the basic technical side of photography, now I need to work on the artistic side - framing, composition and post processing etc (I know about the rule of thirds, the golden ratio and leading lines etc) but being able to apply them successfully is another story.

1x.com has been suggested to me, but I really dont feel I am good enough to post anything there lol. Also providing critiques for others is difficult, to explain why I may or may not like something in a way that others may find helpful (and in giving suggestions for improvement)

I just want to get better so I can create some nice photos of my daughter that I can print for my Family - and maybe enter in to a few challenges here and do reasonably well

Thanks

phaedin's gear list:phaedin's gear list
Nikon D7100 Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM Tamron SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow