ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ngtszhodavid
Contributing MemberPosts: 631Gear list
Like?
Family pics photographers...what aperture is most frequently used in your work
7 months ago

Hi just wondering......

i know it depends on a lot of factors, like what you want to achieve, what type of feeling or available light, number of subjects etc...  so i know there is no 'right' 'wrong' answer.. more for me to get a sense of what i should try when i do it for my wife/son and upcoming daughter.

what aperture do you find you use most for family pics especially for 2-5 people subjects?

I read in several places most people/photographers prefer 5.6.  is it true?  reason is i tend to get obsessed with 1.4-2.8 with my lens and rarely try higher, (which obviously lead to outfocus on most shots with 2-4 people in it).  always wanted that dreamy bokeh at the back or at least narrow dof to distinguish the subject from the background (hence not keen on F8 or higher).  basically what settings are likely to avoid outfocus while at the same time give the best look... (i know i'm generalizing..) but anyways would be great if you don't mind responding.  Thanks

ngtszhodavid's gear list:ngtszhodavid's gear list
Nikon D4s Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
f4New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow