a6000: which lens to buy (kit or 16-70)

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
José B
Forum ProPosts: 17,622Gear list
Like?
Re: Zeiss 16-70/4 for travel, events and portraits (pics)
In reply to 123Mike, 7 months ago

123Mike wrote:

Awesome photos, awesome quality. Contrast, sharpness, zero hazing, no CA, etc.

I *think* that technically I can match that using my LA-EA2 + Tamron 17-50 F/2.8 lens, but I hate walking around with that because it doesn't have the stabilization obviously, and it's very bulky.... But pure hardcore quality wise, it'll match it (except for range obviously).

It *kind* of makes me miss my SLT now, which I just unloaded. It's A6000 + A3000 now... I'm aiming for the 18-105... crossing my fingers it's going to be good....

Thanks for the kind words.

I'm not a big fan of using adaptors especially for the A6000 where it will negate the speed of its focusing system.

I have the Canon 24-105/4 L IS and the Zeiss is very similar to its IQ and a lot of wedding pro photographers shoot with that Canon lens. I love to see a shoot-off between a 5DMKIII + Sigma 24-105/4 ART and my combo as I heard good things about the Sigma.

I've seen some superb shots from the 18-105G so I look forward to see your pictures with it.

Cheers,

José

José B's gear list:José B's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6000 Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow