Like?
Re: Prove it.
In reply to Lab D, 5 months ago

Lab D wrote:

Paulmorgan wrote:

PerL wrote:

Lab D wrote:

Paulmorgan wrote:

I shoot martial arts using lensbabys and this is one of the fastest sports going, most of the event photographers I bump into need a working distance of a least 20 feet using autofocus...

Wow, I find this thread amusing and refuse to claim a GH4 can compete with $6000 DSLRs, but the GH4 C-AF autofocus is really good at short distances. For these I was less than 20 feet away with and F/2.8 lens and my only problem was keep the dog in the frame because he likes to zig and zag (and he crashes into you too). I doubt people are moving anywhere near this fast.

Now think of awesome 4K video and 96FPS video would be for martial arts close up with this kind of tracking!

Those shots are nice, but you could do that with a Nikon D300 six years ago.

Or pretty much any modern point and shoot.

LOL! According to the DOF calculators the DOF was less than 6 inches. Now which PS& will do that?

And your claim is a modern P&S will track focus on a DoF running at full speed closer that 20 feet and with a DoF of 6 inches. (remember you said "photographers I bump into need a working distance of a least 20 feet using autofocus"...funny how that changed to now P&S cameras can so it).

I am guessing almost everyone will decide you have some real credibility issues after reading your post. I can't wait for your examples.

There is a very long time between those shots from the exif.

I do believe the GH4 is great at tracking AF though...

In fact many recent mirrorless cameras from Panasonic, Olympus, Fuji and Sony are not that bad....even both my A7 and GX7 can auto focus track ok (just slower fps).

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
TrueNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow