Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Cameranewbie1
New MemberPosts: 2Gear list
Like?
D3300 or a OMD E10 for Baby Photos
7 months ago

Hi all, a beginner here wanting to get a good camera to help me take some photos of my baby.  I've been a point & shoot user all my life but along with the birth of my kid I'm looking take up photography as a passion. This will be my first step up from P&S to either a DSLR or a 4/3.

I was looking an at entry level D3300 before I stumbled upon the OMD-E10. from a usage perspective, I suspect I will be taking a lot of indoor shots before gradually heading outdoors as the kid grows up.  The D3300 seems to have ticked all the boxes that I've read on this forum (spend more on lens instead of body) and that was the route I was initially headed.  It seems that Nikon also had a good history and system that will offer my flexibility as develop my experience with photography.

Enter the OMD E10 to confuse me.  From what I have read so far, it seems the E10, could do essentially what I want for a "relatively" smaller package.  The idea of essentially having a smaller D3300 that I could carry around easier when I am about my kid really seems attractive to me.  My question is, I guess, can the E10 do the job of the D3300 as well or better?

Also, can I reach out to folks who have done a lot of baby photos? Would AF become an issue with either camera, or are they relatively similar?

At the end of the day, I understand I will have to make an investment into a system and grow with that camera.  Wanting to as best as I can make an informed decision and start taking photos !

Thanks all. Much appreciated.

Cameranewbie1's gear list:Cameranewbie1's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D3300 Olympus OM-D E-M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow