Steve Huff v3 first impression/review

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
chipmaster
Contributing MemberPosts: 594Gear list
Like?
Re: Steve Huff v3 first impression/review
In reply to timmer350, 5 months ago

by steve huff

http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2014/05/02/the-nikon-v3-arrives-1st-impression-report/

wow, its bad...

-- hide signature --

I be been watching thoughts careful on v3 since acquiring a used v1 and learning to love it warts and all.

What should we expect from nikon on the third iteration of a new form factor, tons of threads on many forums, lots of competitors spins in the last few years. The. You have technology that gives you faster chips, more energy efficient chips and displays?

You got very expensive product
You expect class leading performance over prior generations.

If value ove competition and advancement and improvement learning from prior miss steps is important there is a lot o be dissapointed!

If you are willing to pay top dollar for a small fast focusing camera with huge crop factor with your important nikon label then I can see you throwing $ at it.

I'll admit that I will go test it at my local store and when used prices fall to 500 or so might leap, but right now a second v1 at 200 bucks is my dream second one.

chipmaster's gear list:chipmaster's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow