KR doesn't like Sony anymore... Locked

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
cruzcat01
Regular MemberPosts: 191Gear list
Re: KR is an idiot
In reply to tbcass, 7 months ago

I agree that its best to take anything spewed by KR with a grain of salt but I doubt that he is an idiot by any stretch of the imagination.

I think that he is a very smart business man and photography is just a marketing ploy for him.  His main objective is to rile up different sections of the photographic community and drive up page views to his site while he laughs all the way to the bank. If you look at Alexa rankings, his website is in the top 10,000 sites in the world. That is pretty big.  His daily ad revenue is estimated to be between $700-$800 and he rakes in almost $300K per year in ad revenue alone not to mention the incessant "pls feed me and my children" banners all over his site.

His website is supposed to be worth $2M and you dont get 50M+ unique visitors every year by being an idiot.

cruzcat01's gear list:cruzcat01's gear list
Sony SLT-A57 Sony DT 55-300mm F4.5-5.6 SAM Sony 85mm F2.8 SAM Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM Sony DT 55-200mm F4-5.6 SAM +3 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow