auto ISO sucks with X cameras

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Christof21
Contributing MemberPosts: 924
Like?
Re: auto ISO sucks with X cameras
In reply to stevenjames, 3 months ago

stevenjames wrote:

1/focal length is lame to me. Set whatever shutter speed works for you and move on. Its not that hard. With this little camera and standard lens I know that I can handhold no problem using 1/30 so that works fine for me. I've also got great pics hand holding at 1/15 with this and my larger DSLR so what's the beef?

I always thought that 1/focal length was B.S. I never used it with tele lenses thats for sure. Shot weddings with medium format camera and 150mm lens (large & heavy) using 1/60 all day (and night long).

To each his/her own

Steve

-- hide signature --

www.StevenJamesPhotography.com

The rule 1/f makes really sense. It is function of the focal, if you double the focal then in average you will move move twice more.  This is simple math and this approximation works really well.. No surprise that all camera makers use this rule (as far as I know, or a close one) !

Maybe the rule for you would be 2/f. It could depend also  on the OIS. There are better implementations (Nikon would allow 2/f) but I lost this feature  and I really miss it :-(.

When I am in aperture priority mode, the other settings should be AUTO (no need to set the minimum shutter speed).  !

If Fuji builds a zoom 18-135, it will be the worst case to use auto-iso !!!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow