Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
designdog
Contributing MemberPosts: 967Gear list
Like?
D800 Auto ISO strategy
3 months ago

I normally shoot in AF mode, and use auto ISO in my D800. I set the max to 1200, or thereabouts, as I rarely shoot in dim situations. However, the other night I was called upon to use my camera and the 85 1.4G. As it was set, the camera began reducing the shutter sped after it reached the auto iso max — to the extent that I could not take acceptable pictures (I have the settings at 125 max shutter speed.)

Now, I know I could use the ISO button and manually dial in a higher ISO, but that would require guessing at an ISO level, and always shooting at that number. Is there a convenient strategy to up the auto iso ceiling temporarily, without going into the menu system? And then setting it back to the original settings?

Thanks.

designdog's gear list:designdog's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 35mm f/1.4G +4 more
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow