olyflyer
Forum ProPosts: 23,082
Like?
Re: Sold my V3 (but there's more to it)
In reply to Raist3d, 5 months ago

Raist3d wrote:

olyflyer wrote:

Raist3d wrote:

At the moment I sold I was simply undecided and I felt like since it is a full system switch, it's $2800 USD the way I want it, and it starts looking like Leica or Sony FF money at that point.

Well, good luck finding a Sony FF system for that price,

For $2800 USD? You need to get out of that house

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Full-Frame-Interchangeable-Digital-Camera/dp/B00FRDUZXM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1399138640&sr=8-1&keywords=sony+a7

That's $1698 USD body only, $2,000 with the kit zoom.

Which zoom did you have in mind? Anyway, that's not going to be a nice system... but at a price much higher than the V3. Apples and orandes in every way.

and if you find a Leica FF system for $2800... please make sure to check it's not just a plastic mockup but a real working camera and lenses.

Leica Ttype is solid aluminium, $1850 USD. Lens is $1750. $800 short but I said it starts to look like...

Leica T is not an FF, but:

• Leica T body (Black or Silver) - £1350
  • Vario-Elmar-T 18-56mm f/3.5-5.6 - £1250

I don't know if your prices are the same, but well... maybe $800 is nothing for you, but never the less, that's even further away from the V3 kit. So what are you actually talking about. This thread makes no sense. Have you been drinking or smoking something you should not? I mean, the V3 is expensive enough, but really, to compare it with an FF, even the Sony, is pretty inane.

Anyway, I didn't really expected you to stay long with the V3...

Ah, you may still be surprised.

I don't think so, unless you sober up and wake up from your dream. Of course an FF will beat the V3 in many ways (no surprise for anyone), but not in every way, and definitely only for a considerably higher price, weight and size. Even the Leica T is heavier and larger though it is only an APS. If APS is what you want, there are plenty other alternatives which are much cheaper, and probably considerably better also. Remember that at least 50% of the price is the brand name...

Good luck and good bye.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow