Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
chuxter
Forum ProPosts: 14,743Gear list
Like?
EN-EL3e Life...
7 months ago

I have an old D300 [shutter count 55,655] and two GENUINE Nikon En-EL3e batteries of the same age. During a trip to NYC, both batteries showed 100% charge when I looked at the Setup Menu > Battery Info. The batteries are over 5 years old now, so it's not surprising that they are getting weak, but the Battery Info screen failed to give me any information regarding the state of charge!

That Battery Info screen has never shown a Charging Life less than zero [new].

I bought two new batteries [non-original this time] and the Battery Info screen shows less than 100% on both batteries [which makes sense for batteries that have been packaged for many months]. I'm glad the problem was not in the body!

I searched for some information regarding this failure, but didn't find anything. Am I the first and only D300 owner to notice this?

chuxter's gear list:chuxter's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Nikon D50 Nikon D300 Nikon D810 Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D +6 more
Nikon D300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow