Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
jalywol
jalywol MOD
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,428Gear list
Like?
Re: In town and in the wild.
In reply to Wormsmeat, 7 months ago

IWormsmeat wrote:

#2 is a fantastic shot - I particularly like the reflected sky / shape in the window emphasising the figure. Maybe try another shot emphasising the Push Hard sign from a different angle?

#3 is a good 'un too.

Thanks!  I really like that store front...something about the curved glass on the end panel..  Every time I go by it, I keep thinking that if anything happened to that particular pane of glass, it would be prohibitively expensive to replace...and I keep my fingers crossed that nothing happens to it.

I think I would need a wider lens to get the whole storefront and the door in the same photo.  There's not a lot of room to work with in front of the store before I would end up bumping into the parked cars on the curb or out in the (busy) street.  If I ever get a fisheye, this might be a place to experiment with it, too (combo of that curved window and the fisheye effect...hmmm   ).

I have been trying to shoot #3 for a couple of years now, and this is the first time that I have gotten an image that I really like from it.  It has a lot of interesting things going on. Doesn't hurt that the 12-40mm lens has very good corner sharpness either....it's one of the reasons I think I was able to capture it well this time.

-J

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
PoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow