A77ii; Well I'm disappointed

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
K E Hoffman
Senior MemberPosts: 2,758Gear list
Like?
Re: A77ii; Well I'm disappointed
In reply to eastriding4310, 3 months ago

eastriding4310 wrote:

Hi Jamie, No I don't own an A99, A7, or an A7r. The camera that I was referring to is not any of those cameras, but has an aps c sensor and has extremely high jpeg IQ, contradicting what another poster was saying about an aps c sensor not being able to have as high IQ as a Sony full frame chip. Since it is another brand I chose not to identify it because if you read this thread you see the venom spewed out when another brand is mentioned, even though many posters own multiple platforms.

Cameras are like different tools in a toolbox and the right one needs to be chosen for the task at hand. My A77 is the camera that I use the most. I took 4,000 photos last week. Most of them with the A77. I like my A77, but like every camera made it has its limitations. I was hoping for the same quality chip per square millimeter in an aps c size as the A7r has in full frame. It became apparent a few weeks ago that this was not going to happen. So, yes, I was disappointed. And, no, I don't want an A7r, because most of my shooting is long telephoto and I like the feel of my A77.

It is a shame that posters on this forum are not allowed to be disappointed.

Its a SECRET camera... He He He

Odds are like most making this kind of silly claim.. You won't share the camera name because someone will go find the actual shots and find that the JPGs are full or heavy NR that eats detail. But appeals to those who like to compare grey walls at high ISO on 1:1

Clearly you know the statement can't be supported.

-- hide signature --

K.E.H. >> Shooting between raindrops in WA<<
Don't Panic!.. these are just opinions... go take some pictures..

K E Hoffman's gear list:K E Hoffman's gear list
Canon EOS 450D Sony SLT-A77 Nikon 1 J1 Sony a77 II Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow