Steve Huff v3 first impression/review

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
WCguy
Contributing MemberPosts: 995Gear list
Like?
Re: Perhaps a bit more reading and research would help, for us all
In reply to Bill Dewey, 7 months ago

Bill Dewey wrote:

Take a look at the Nikon USA site, http://www.nikonusa.com/en/Nikon-Products/Product/Nikon1/27695/Nikon-1-V3.html, where it clearly shows the FT-1 still being part of the deal. Check dealers as well, not too hard.

ebay sold, $200 and up for new FT-1's, you are correct on approx. $100 for the lens.

Given that I'll change my math, none of this changes the base cost of the body.

Even if you drop the FT1, had Nikon not forced a bundle, please show me how the price is now "too high"?

Once again, show me the comparison where this makes the V3 so out of line price wise with other offerings?

For example, the Olympus E-P5 is $799 body only at Adorama.

It would be nice if you would actually take the time to address the price issue overall, compared to the same "bundle" from the other manufacturers. I just don't see that large a price difference.

-- hide signature --

Bill Dewey
www.thefocusedeye.com

Personally Bill , I think if the V3 was at $500-$700 without the options included ,many of these same folks would still be bitching about the price or something else. Many folks just come in here to harp and complain just for the sake of being heard.How simple is it, if the camera isn't for you, or is too expensive, don't buy it, move on, why waste time trying to convince others to feel the same way, go get that other great deal of a camera system you constantly compare the V3 to. As far as Huff's tirant for 3 sec. on the V3, who cares. I have no problem paying the $1200 for the V3 package, couldn't care less what others think, I don't buy for them. Months from now while everyone is still ranting on about the same nonsense I will be enjoying my almost new V3. When the new V4 comes out, I will buy that one too.    WC

-- hide signature --

It's What You Learn After You Know It All That Counts !

WCguy's gear list:WCguy's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Sony RX1 Nikon D700 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 AW1 +33 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow