Dissapointing Sony A77 II High ISO performance

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
dr jim
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,216Gear list
Like?
Re: Looks good to me.
In reply to tbcass, 5 months ago

You might want to add to that statement, "for me" . That's a little like a cabinet maker telling a logger that his dove tail saw is more than acceptable.  Kinda depends on what you're doing with it doesn't it?

Of course final judgement can't happen until the final release, but as a birder who tried the A77 (and loved the camera) several times and was always let down by the noise in the sky at iso 400, it was my hope that after, what has it been, 4 years, maybe we could expect a clean iso 400 and useable iso 800. Im talking about for me and my birding.  I'm not speaking for anybody else, just me.  To me, these images don't look promising, and honestly, though we go through this "wait for the production version" every time, I've never seen any improvement between the pre production models that Sony hands out to reviewers and the final version. I'll wait with the rest of you, because believe me I do not want to switch camps. On paper, (except for the removal of the GPS feature.  Sony had to take off at least one nice feature that didn't cost them anything or it wouldn't be Sony) the A77 II is the perfect camera.  I'm not optomistic,

-- hide signature --

Just for fun!
Jim

dr jim's gear list:dr jim's gear list
Sony RX100 II Sony Alpha 7S
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
OKNew
Huh?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow