Steve Huff v3 first impression/review

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
dougjgreen1
Senior MemberPosts: 2,128Gear list
Like?
Re: Perhaps a bit more reading and research would help, for us all
In reply to Bill Dewey, 4 months ago

Bill Dewey wrote:

Take a look at the Nikon USA site, http://www.nikonusa.com/en/Nikon-Products/Product/Nikon1/27695/Nikon-1-V3.html, where it clearly shows the FT-1 still being part of the deal. Check dealers as well, not too hard.

ebay sold, $200 and up for new FT-1's, you are correct on approx. $100 for the lens.

Given that I'll change my math, none of this changes the base cost of the body.

Even if you drop the FT1, had Nikon not forced a bundle, please show me how the price is now "too high"?

Once again, show me the comparison where this makes the V3 so out of line price wise with other offerings?

For example, the Olympus E-P5 is $799 body only at Adorama.

It would be nice if you would actually take the time to address the price issue overall, compared to the same "bundle" from the other manufacturers. I just don't see that large a price difference.

-- hide signature --

Bill Dewey
www.thefocusedeye.com

The E-P5 is a market failure, not a good comparison - and price of the body with or without the add-on VF was a major reason why.   Much better comparisons would be the E-M10 or Panasonic GX7, which offer the built in EVF for less than the E-P5 body alone.

dougjgreen1's gear list:dougjgreen1's gear list
Olympus Stylus XZ-10 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Nikon 1 V2 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5 +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow