A77ii; Well I'm disappointed

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Tone Row
Regular MemberPosts: 334Gear list
Like?
Re: A77ii; Well I'm disappointed
In reply to 1DanC, 4 months ago

1DanC wrote:

Looks like an expensive firmware upgrade for me. I have to say my recent investment in a Zeiss lens has improved the quality of the images from my A77 to the extent that I feel it was the correct decision on where to invest my money.

The amount of time that Sony kept us wondering and waiting and the secrecy which made it all seem like we were looking at quantum technology changes, has led to a fizzle. I hope that the A99ii will deliver incrementally more than this has done.

When DPREVIEW does a full review I'll look again to see if my thoughts can be swayed. I would see little reason to upgrade. It may present a more attractive option for pulling CaNikonites towards Sony.

Dan C

While I think it's far too early to pass judgement on the A77 II based on what we've seen so far, truer words could not be spoken regarding lenses. I went through the same exercise a few weeks back thinking I needed to upgrade either my A55 or my NEX-5R, but instead I bought a Zeiss 16-70 for the 5R instead and haven't looked back.

Listen up folks, if you are on the ledge thinking about a new camera, buy a lens instead. Unless you need to upgrade for a very specific reason such as better AF tracking or higher FPS, an upgraded lens will give you way more bang for the buck in the IQ department than an upgraded camera any day of the week.

Tone Row's gear list:Tone Row's gear list
Sony SLT-A55 NEX5R
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow