Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
1DanC
Regular MemberPosts: 243Gear list
Like?
Re: A77ii; Well I'm disappointed
In reply to tbcass, 7 months ago

tbcass wrote:

1DanC wrote:

Looks like an expensive firmware upgrade for me. I have to say my recent investment in a Zeiss lens has improved the quality of the images from my A77 to the extent that I feel it was the correct decision on where to invest my money.

I agree that it is not a compelling upgrade from an A77 but I completely disagree that it is no more than an expensive firmware upgrade. The improvements to the AF system cannot be accomplished in firmware. It is good enough that when the price drops below $1000 I will seriously consider buying one to replace my A65 so then I will have an A77 and an A77ii. I was originally considering another A77 to replace my A65 but I believe this is a big enough step forward to wait for the A77ii price to drop instead. In case you wonder I like to have 2 cameras for backup purposes and when I want 2 different lenses and avoid lens changes in the field.

-- hide signature --

Tom
Look at the picture, not the pixels
------------
Miss use of the ability to do 100% pixel peeping is the bane of digital photography because it causes people to fret over inconsequential issues.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/63683676@N07/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25301400@N00/

Hey Tom

That's called sarcasm, we Australians use it a lot. What I am trying to say is that al the extras are not about improving IQ, and we all waited for the 1.08 firmware upgrade to the A77 which had a "new jpg engine", so if the JPGs are better then that is what I was meaning about the expensive firmware upgrade.

Two bodies is nice, I sunk my money into a new lens at an amazing price I couldn't knock back, maybe next year i'll look at a new body after the A99 "upgrade"

Dan C

1DanC's gear list:1DanC's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony SLT-A77 Sony DT 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow