ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Christof21
Senior MemberPosts: 1,010
Like?
auto ISO sucks with X cameras
4 months ago

Hi,

This is not the first time I complain about it in some replies.  The way it behaves by ignoring the 1/focale rule to set the shutter speed is a huge problem in my case.

The 1/focale rule was fine for me. I often switch lenses, use zooms and now I have to always keep an eye on the minimum shutter speed.

I admit that I am really surprised that this issue is not often mentioned.

Fuji could have implemented the minimum shutter speed but still taking account the focal length (most camera makers do have this implementation !). Do you know any recent camera which has  an implementation like Fuji ?? If so, please tell me.

Others propose an improvement of this implementation (with a  multiplying factor if you want to take into account OIS). But Fuji broke the rule of 1/focale. I don't call this an auto mode !!

All the Fuji x-cameras have the same "problem" ...

I think I can't go back and uninstall the last firmware on my x-e1. I don't have any solutions for my problem, this is a bad joke from Fuji.

Before, I was complaining also about auto iso when you set aperture and shutter speed. The ec is ignored. This is a mode I really like...

So auto-iso is really a problem for me and I hope Fuji will take seriously into account this in the future firmwares. Please improve auto Iso  and solve these two issues !!!

If some of you know how to uninstall the last firmware, it could interest me.

Thanks and sorry for complaining. I really like my camera but it would be much better with just 2 or 3 fixes.  An expert camera should have these issues fixed.

Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow