My biggest problem with my X-E2--the EVF

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
seukel
Regular MemberPosts: 491Gear list
Like?
Re: My biggest problem with my X-E2--the EVF
In reply to Jim Cassatt, 7 months ago

Jim Cassatt wrote:

I think this is the nature of EVF's in general. Yesterday I went to photograph the high water at Great Falls Park in Virginia. It was a bright sunny day with the sun at my back. The problem is that with this contrasty scene, it is hard to see detail in the EVF to the point that precise composition is difficult. I confirmed this this morning. I took some pictures of my back garden, again front lit by the morning sun. I was in shadows. Again I had trouble seeing details. However, with my Canon 5D MKIII, no problem. Sean Rein in his review of the X-T1 had the same problem. It makes me wonder whether EVF's will be able to overcome this deficiency, namely that the dynamic range of the eye with an OVF is greater that any EVF.

-- hide signature --

Under such conditions the OVF of the X100 or the X-Pro1is a delight to use. Even the EVF of the X-T1 is not so good for sunny summer days, beaches or on winter snow. But this has of course already been discussed several times.

Peter

-- hide signature --

Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught.
Oscar Wilde

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow