a6000: which lens to buy (kit or 16-70)

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
Son Of Mustang Ford
Regular MemberPosts: 287
Like?
Re: Zeiss 16-70/4 for travel, events and portraits (pics)
In reply to captura, 4 months ago

captura wrote:

José B wrote:

Once I got the Zeiss, I don't bother with my kit lens anymore. It is faster to focus to begin with plus it is longer for portraits. Not to mention the awesome color, contrast and bokeh of this lens.

Good luck in whatever decision you make.

Cheers,

José

Nice shooting!

Yes, unusually I am in complete agreement with captura, nice pictures. There's some serious chain-suck going on, on that bike though - I hate it when that happens:-)

To the OP, I'm not in the market for a new camera this year (all spare cash funding a fortnight in the USA as my wife is celebrating a 'significant' birthday - has a zero in the number) otherwise I would be after an A6000 with the 16-70. I really don't like the idea of powerzooms and worry that the thing would behave like the family (or 'works') P&S and never quite stop where you want it (I'm probably wrong and it is able to stop exactly right, but its the idea that bothers me). I'm so 'anti' the powerzoom that if it turns out I can afford this option (and a new camera for a big holiday is a very tempting idea), then I would swap kits with my old nex3, i.e. 18-55 on the 6000. Sad, I know.

Cheers

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow