+++++ Your and your love affair with your m43 - results this week! +++++

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
GeorgianBay1939
Senior MemberPosts: 2,322Gear list
Like?
Re: In town and in the wild.
In reply to jalywol, 5 months ago

jalywol wrote:

Some more shots with the GX7. It was sunny this afternoon, for a change, by the time I got into Troy, so there was some nice light on some of the buildings. Unfortunately, it was still variably cloudy when I took the nature shots before that...

-J

I wish I had a better 300mm lens...but a tripod would have helped too

A little Zen

Nice!

The above 3 are my favorites.  The lower two are very delicate, typical  of spring, as the buds are starting to burst giving a variety of pastels.   Some Art Style (That I no longer remember) mimics that texture/colour.

The first one, of the hawk, was taken at a good distance, something like the Sandhill that I took last year.  Anders W. and minniev  helped me a lot to understand the nature of that bokeh in a few exchanges:

Preliminary discussion:  http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/51333030

This gets into the guts of ithttp://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/51352987

Several of us had a rousing good discussion with the sharing of links and good ideas!  

I am sure that reading the above will help.  At least it will convince you that a tripod would be of minimal value in the case of the hawk, (shot at 1/800 sec).  ( Looking at that bokeh, I am guessing that the brush is about 10-20 yards behind the hawk. And the hawk is at about 60 yards away.  Right?)

I hope that this is helpful.

Tom

PS  Did you find any wild hazelnuts in your  travels?

t

GeorgianBay1939's gear list:GeorgianBay1939's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
PoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow