+++++ Your and your love affair with your m43 - results this week! +++++

Started May 3, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
GeorgianBay1939
GeorgianBay1939 Senior Member • Posts: 3,421
Re: In town and in the wild.

jalywol wrote:

Some more shots with the GX7. It was sunny this afternoon, for a change, by the time I got into Troy, so there was some nice light on some of the buildings. Unfortunately, it was still variably cloudy when I took the nature shots before that...

-J

I wish I had a better 300mm lens...but a tripod would have helped too

A little Zen

Nice!

The above 3 are my favorites.  The lower two are very delicate, typical  of spring, as the buds are starting to burst giving a variety of pastels.   Some Art Style (That I no longer remember) mimics that texture/colour.

The first one, of the hawk, was taken at a good distance, something like the Sandhill that I took last year.  Anders W. and minniev  helped me a lot to understand the nature of that bokeh in a few exchanges:

Preliminary discussion:  http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/51333030

This gets into the guts of ithttp://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/51352987

Several of us had a rousing good discussion with the sharing of links and good ideas!  

I am sure that reading the above will help.  At least it will convince you that a tripod would be of minimal value in the case of the hawk, (shot at 1/800 sec).  ( Looking at that bokeh, I am guessing that the brush is about 10-20 yards behind the hawk. And the hawk is at about 60 yards away.  Right?)

I hope that this is helpful.

Tom

PS  Did you find any wild hazelnuts in your  travels?

t

GeorgianBay1939's gear list:GeorgianBay1939's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
yyr
NCV
yyr
NCV
yyr
NCV
NCV
yyr
yyr
NCV
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
NCV
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow