A7000 - I can just see the responses now...

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
abortabort
Senior MemberPosts: 1,151Gear list
Like?
I don't
In reply to tqlla, 7 months ago

I am not sure why people thing a metal plated body costs so much. An A7000 would be a pretty small camera.

I doubt a nex7 replacement would cost as much as an A77ii. If I had to guess, I would say $1000. Sony's pricing has gotten pretty aggressive lately.

I don't think it is expensive, but if Sony really were going to bring out an a7000 it would need to sit between a6000 and the a7, it can't do that if it is just a slightly more expensive model, in fact I think Sony too are done with that (no 3 and 5, no 6 and 7, no a58 and a65). I think they are looking to differentiate their models more OR do more of the same model with different purposes such as RX1/R and A7/R/S.

Which is why I don't think an a7000 is coming. IF they weather sealed it and raised the bar a bit higher, such as IBIS then maybe, but weather sealing doesn't make sense with no weather sealed lenses, plus the fact they have designed the FE series to have weather sealing from the get-go, I don't expect to see weather sealing on a crop E-Mount any time soon.

I think a NEX-5t with weather sealing and full frame between the a6000 and a7, as an a5 is far more likely.

abortabort's gear list:abortabort's gear list
Sony RX100 Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Nikon D700 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Sony Alpha 7 +33 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow