Well...I finally pulled the trigger on a Fuji 14mm f2.8!

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
wyldberi
Senior MemberPosts: 2,284Gear list
Like?
Re: Well...I finally pulled the trigger on a Fuji 14mm f2.8!
In reply to machoman, 3 months ago

machoman wrote:

Can someone please make a comment about distortion from the lens - I'm always disappointed with wider than normal lenses as pics taken with people at the edges always distorts their faces. The panasonic 20mm on the GH1 distorts people faces - i spent so much time trying to make it look acceptable that i gave up. I would love to get a nice wideangle but i'm afraid the distortions will let me down.

Photographic lenses are tools. Like all tools they can be used effectively in the right situations, and less effectively when used in other situations.

Generally, wide angle lenses work best on things like buildings, city scapes, and landscapes. In the hands of a skilled photographer who understands what an ultra wide lens does, it can be used to great creative effect.

As for the Fujinon XF 14mm, it is absolutely one of the best new lenses to come to market in at least the last decade at any reasonable price. As stated above, the barrel and chromatic distortion that comes with wide angle lenses has been optically corrected so that for all practical purposes it no longer exists.

It's a superb lens.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow