a6000: which lens to buy (kit or 16-70)

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
john-photoguy
Regular MemberPosts: 467Gear list
Like?
Re: a6000: which lens to buy (kit or 16-70)
In reply to AKman, 7 months ago

I have been using the Sony Emount cameras since I picked up a NEX3 several years ago.  quickly purchased the 16-70 when it came available, and LOVE it.  Have the 18-55, and it works well.  So when I went to get the a6000 I figured I would just get the body, but the body wasn't available.  So I picked it up with the 16-50 and it is a fun little lens.  Wow distortion in the few photos I have taken, but easily corrected so that sholdn't be a problem.  But it is so cute, and small and light I figure it will just stay on the camera.  Would I trade it for the 16-70, No.  Am I glad I purchased with the lens,  Yeah.  Would I purchase without the body,  No.

So My take is,  Get it with the kit lens.  If it is enough, great.  If not spring for the 16-70 or the 18-105 depending on the work you do.  But I bet you want to keep it and not get rid of it at the end of the day,  It is just so Cute!  and it does work well.

Good Luck in your search!

-- hide signature --

Let just all take more photographs!

john-photoguy's gear list:john-photoguy's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D5000 Nikon D300S Sony Alpha NEX-3 Sony Alpha 7 +19 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow