Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
WlodekBilly39
New MemberPosts: 4Gear list
Like?
DxO with NX2
6 months ago

I have been working with Nikon cameras for many years. I use D7100 now  and process my images in NX2 being very happy with the software, its U-Points and NIK Pro Filters.

I downloaded DxO Pro 9 recently. I have processed several images and I am very impressed with

Auto corrections, Presets, but would like to make local and final adjustments in NX2.

And now there is a problem. You can not export your image to NX2 from Dx0 as NEF.

The only sensible way to do it, would be to export it as TIFF 16 bits. Now NX2 accept it with 72 psi.

The size is hugh but it can be changed with "no image resampling" to acceptable size and 300 psi.

Now after U-Point, Control Points nad NIK Pro filters I arrive to my finished image, which I save as

jpg. file. (I do not print myself and send my photos to the Lab.).

My question is: Do I loose much with the above process and should just stay with NX2 and forget about DxO, or it make sense to buy DxO, and use it with NX2 as described above?

WP

WlodekBilly39's gear list:WlodekBilly39's gear list
Nikon D7100 Kodak Pixpro S-1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +2 more
Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow