Bjørn Rørslett's Df testing journal

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
mootaineer
Contributing MemberPosts: 612Gear list
Like?
Re: Bjørn Rørslett's Df testing journal
In reply to user_name, 2 months ago

+1

I used to follow Bjorn in the past and still occasionally rely on his lens ratings.

Although I don't own a D800 to compare it with, "only" a D700, don't see how the finder is any more useful with manual lenses than the one on the D700.

On my first trip with the Df (which happened to be Greece), although I enjoyed the capabilities of the D4-ish sensor, focus was a bit of an issue in the dark. Regardless of whether I use pre-AI or G lenses, I would have appreciated a split-prism (or similar) focusing screen to visually (rather than electronically) confirm focus.

I guess that's why (for a while now) I've been wanting the benefits of focus peaking with a CSC. I almost purchased a Sony A7/R before I got the Df...but their lens range is still too narrow and the camera body itself simply isn't as responsive as most DSLRs.

-- hide signature --

Joe

mootaineer's gear list:mootaineer's gear list
Ricoh GR Digital IV Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G Nikon Df +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow