jalywol
jalywol MOD
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,418Gear list
Like?
Re: In town and in the wild.
In reply to NZ Scott, 7 months ago

NZ Scott wrote:

jalywol wrote:

Some more shots with the GX7. It was sunny this afternoon, for a change, by the time I got into Troy, so there was some nice light on some of the buildings. Unfortunately, it was still variably cloudy when I took the nature shots before that...

-J

Is your 300mm a mirror lens? It looks like you've done a good job technically - nailed the focus and all that - but that bokeh smells of mirror.

No, oddly enough this is the 100-300mm.  For the past few weeks I have noticed it has had this really, really weird bokeh (which you are seeing here).  It's always tilted to the left and down, and looks like rain falling at an angle in the OOF areas.  It occurs on all my cameras, and does not seem to matter whether I have OIS on or off.  I was going to post a question to the forum about it, actually, to see if anyone else has seen this on this lens.  And, no, I have not dropped it or anything...and it does it whether the UV filter is on or off, so that's not it.  Weird, huh?

-J

-- hide signature --

My Flickr stream:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/scottkmacleod/
My kit: E-P3, 12/2.0, 17/1.8, 45/1.8, 60/2.8 Macro, 7.5 Fisheye, 12-35 f2.8, 14-42 IIR, 40-150 ED, 75-300 II

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
PoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow