Flight display Avro 652A Anson Mk 1 Series II Warbirds over Wanaka 2014 (warning many images)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
K1W1 55
Regular MemberPosts: 460Gear list
Like?
Flight display Avro 652A Anson Mk 1 Series II Warbirds over Wanaka 2014 (warning many images)
2 months ago

One of the highlights for me of this years Warbirds over Wanaka airshow was being able to see the Anson for the first time and so I expended much digital film upon her and for your viewing pleasure may I present some of them & to best appreciate the fine details and lines of this beauty may I suggest view full size..

This rare old lady is owned by Bill and Robyn Reid of Nelson NZ and is the only remaining airworthy Avro Anson Mk1 from WWII, these twin-engine aircraft were popular coastal reconnaissance bombers that performed anti-submarine, convoy protection and crew training duties. Around eleven thousand were produced between 1935 and 1952 and it may have been one of the first aircraft flown in combat by a New Zealander in the second World War.

Avro MH-120 operated post-war in Australia as a passenger and freight hauler and also appeared in a film about a famous air race, called “Half a World Away”.

Once in New Zealand it was restored to its former military configuration from nearly 70 years ago after a restoration spanning over a decade. The Avro has a wingspan of nearly 17m and is over 13m long.

The turret and military equipment has been re-installed and the aircraft has been painted to represent a machine that flew with 206 Squadron of the Royal Air Force. MH-120 had seating for two pilots, a navigator and a radio operaton.

Slideshows of previous airshows can be found on my Youtube channel if you have a mind for other aircraft.

-- hide signature --

Some Slideshows of a wee bit of my work, more to be added if I ever sort out my music rights issues.
http://www.youtube.com/user/truder55/videos

K1W1 55's gear list:K1W1 55's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus E-510 Olympus E-5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro +20 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow