Steve Huff v3 first impression/review

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Sonyshine
Senior MemberPosts: 4,712Gear list
Like?
Re: Steve Huff v3 first impression/review
In reply to ChrisWH, 3 months ago

The main gripes about the V3 have been :

Removable EVF, MicroSD, yet another battery, weird grip and P R I C E - thats the B I G one!

These issues have been 'highlighted' by various reviewers as weird design decisions by Nikon - none of them may be deal breakers but they are all potential barriers to purchase.

Most of us have not been able to see or handle one so we are clueless about if its too big, too small, too heavy, too flimsy. Steve Huff has handled the V3 and found it wanting.

Curiously he does not see much IQ difference between the V1, V2 and V3 - so what is there to make us lust after the V3?

Of course the touch screen, tilting LCD and better UI are big improvements and a positive step forward.

For now I am happy with my V1, may well buy a V2 now they are coming down to below £400 and the V3 will probably only ever creep into my sights if it halves in price.

Sonyshine's gear list:Sonyshine's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Micro Nikkor 40mm F2.8 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow