+++++ Your and your love affair with your m43 - results this week! +++++

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Wormsmeat
Senior MemberPosts: 4,490Gear list
Like?
Answered my own question...
In reply to Wormsmeat, 5 months ago

Hmm - from CNN:-

Yangon, Myanmar (CNN) -- Heavy users of betel quids reveal their addiction when they smile. Their teeth are stained a reddish-black, dyed from years of chewing potent parcels of areca nuts and tobacco, wrapped in a lime-coated betel leaf.

"Some people after they eat they're drinking coffee or tea; always after eating I'm chewing the betel nut. I like it," says Myo Min Than, a 28-year-old noodle seller at a market in Myanmar's largest city, Yangon.

Like tea or coffee, betel quids -- or "nuts" as they're often referred to -- give users a lift. But unlike tea or coffee, they also give them oral cancer.

"Having one is okay, but the danger increases when you start having the second one. When you reach a certain point, people will get cancer," said Professor Ying-chin Ko, vice president of China Medical University in Taiwan who conducted some of the first studies into the link between betel quids and oral cancer in the 1990s.

Wormsmeat's gear list:Wormsmeat's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
PoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow