Any 100-400mm users in this forum?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
gbdz
Forum MemberPosts: 58Gear list
Like?
100-400: My other lens on my other body
In reply to BobT, 7 months ago

I have the 100-400L on my SL-1 (Rebel 100D) which gives an effective 160mm-640mm zoom, on the limits that I can handle without a tripod. There is a slight problem of focusing unless I use the center point. This I do not notice on the 5D III. A monopod increases markedly the percentage of keepers though the total number of shots decreases slightly. Airlines hate them, though.

Whale watching in Sydney, I counted a total of 14 "dustpumps", in Sydney Zoo there were four of us shooting the tigers with a similar setup. If we are wrong, at least we are not alone.

I got two bodies, a 5DIII with the old 24-70 attached and the 100D with the 100-400.
I also carry a Sigma 30mm f/1.4 for the 100D for no other reason that I like it.

Apart from the weight, this is a very decent setup, bypassing my capabilities a a photographer by million miles.

gbdz's gear list:gbdz's gear list
Sony RX100 II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 100D Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM Canon EF 28mm f/1.8 USM +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow